♪ Coming Home ♪

This is long and I apologize, but I promise this is good stuff

This is seriously this year is the best year yet!

Here are my reasons...

1) I got an amazing internship at a local hospital only 4 weeks after I graduated college. I really lucked out since the economy is pretty shitty & finding jobs that actually are similar to your wants & needs are VERY hard to find. It's a half hour commute, not what I wanted to do, but it's really not that bad; it's right off the interstate.
In this position I am the Marketing Intern (I started January 10th) and will be the intern until late April/early May. This is because by that time my boss (who has the only Marketing job, as the Marketing Coordinator for the whole hospital) will be going on Maternity Leave. At that point I will no longer be the marketing intern, I will become the Marketing Coordinator Interim. This means that I will be in charge of all of the marketing, PR, media relations, some graphic design, print/online/radio/outdoor/& television media & production, budgeting/bills, and much, much more. This is such an amazing opportunity & huge job to take on with only taking 2 marketing classes my whole life, but having such a passion for it.
I will be in this position until late July/early August and will stay a little bit later to get her back into the loop of things and then my work there will be done. There has been many times already of creating a salaried position for me. I'm just only in my 5th week. I guess I did something right! haha I recognize that I really lucked out and I am so very grateful. I've already learned a lot and feel more confident in my skills. =)

2) This isn't as exciting as #1, but I finally got my Bachelors Degree!!!!! I'm SO proud! I graduated in December, but it just came in the mail last week. It is now official to me that I am a college graduate of a 4 year private institution ranked as one of the top 50 schools in the nation for public, private, college, and university schools. (Yea I had to brag about that hehehe) I really wish I worked harder because if I didn't procrastinate or was so involved on campus, I'm positive that I would have ended up with a 3.2-3.5, but I can't take back time. A 3.0 isn't bad though. It's a solid B, which is still above average. I'm still proud that I graduated and graduated with a 3.something hahaha

3) So last semester I thought I lost my camera by forgetting it somewhere, but I've thought about it a lot, the only way it could have disappeared is if someone had stolen it, which honestly wouldn't surprise me at all with Wesleyan. This really disappoints me because I bought it my sophomore year of college with money that I saved up specifically for a camera. It was pretty nice and compact all for $250 ::gulps:: I wish I knew what kind it was haha I loved it though. BUT the good news is, is that I bought a new camera and got it in the mail yesterday. I am SO VERY HAPPY! It's a good camera, $190, 12mpx, 18x zoom, not too shabby. It's not the one that I reallllly wanted with 14 mpx and 30x zoom, but that one was about $120-$160 more than the one I just bought. When I'm older and have a steady paying job I'll buy myself the camera of my dreams. I think this one will do though. It will meet my needs with my passion & love for the art of photography & just portraits/candids at social gatherings. =)

4) Last night I joined the local HealthPlex. It's about 2 exits south on the interstate of where I work so it's not that bad. I am very happy I did this. I did the $99 one that means I have a 6 week trial membership and 1 free 60 minute personal training session. Usually the initiation fee (to join) is $154 and then $57 monthly and PT is I think an additional $40? Who knows. Well anyways, it would only cost me $77 to join since I work at the hospital that owns the HealthPlex, but it wouldn't get me the PT hour & if I choose to join, which I will. Plus, I wont have to pay that extra $77 initiation fee so I'm really saving myself some dough =) I am SUPER EXCITED to get my body in a healthy state, strengthen my core to help my back, & to be hot again hahaha!

Lastly, #5...
5) I GOT INTO THE FALL 2011 DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!


























I am such a happy girl! I was super nervous, but got in 18 days after my phone interview. =) So as you saw in the above photo, I am doing the fall program as a FSF&B (Full Service Food & Beverage) Cast Member. I am SO Stoked! That was my #1 pick, but I'm still going to audition for Entertainment. You never know what could happen, plus it would be cool to say "I auditioned for Disney entertainment" =) hehe I'm really excited that I'm doing a different role this time. Spring of '09 I did Attractions, Summer Alumni '10 I did Merchandise, and now this is a new one. I'm ready for the challenges!! =) Whoo!

The song that fits perfectly for this recent event is Diddy's "Coming Home" song.....


"I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
Tell the World that I’m coming

Back where I belong, yeah I never felt so strong
(I’m back baby)
I feel like there’s nothing that I can’t try
And if you with me put your hands high
(put your hands high)
If you ever lost a light before, this ones for you
And you, the dreams are for you"

I am SO happy to go back home. Now I just have to talk to my boss about when I can leave so I can go back home. I full intend to stay there as long as I can. I'm hoping to apply for a PI next spring get accepted for Wedding &/or Events and get my own apartment & live happily ever after hehehe. I hope it all works out! =)

So enough Rambling. Thanks for listening & I hope I did bore you all too much!
XoXo!!!!
-RJ

Song: Coming Home - Diddy

Comments