♪ When You Wish Upon A Star ♪

So I fell in love got hurt and wrote a song and it's quite blunt. I have a verrrrry rough recording of it, that I wont share until it's perfect but here are the lyrics... (and I promise it's better with music)


"What You'll Be Missing"

Verse 1:

It didn’t take long for me to see

What I was truly feeling

You made my heart beat so fast

I felt a love that I know could last

If you let it and take the chance

Chorus:

I’ve never met a love quite like yours

Your honesty never fails to please me

Your smile makes me yearn to be yours

But your fear is too empowering

Oh baby, can’t you see what you’ll be missing

Verse 2:

I know that the human touch

Is quite a necessity

But knowing that my love is all yours

Should really make you see

That I would never hurt you

And that’s all that you should need right now

Verse 3:

Anyways, yes I agree that the miles are too far away

But not having you as mine bring me much more pain

The fact that you’re too scared to try us makes me

Think that you’re too worried about your pride, baby

Chorus:

I’ve never met a love quite like yours

Your honesty never fails to please me

Your smile makes me yearn to be yours

But your fear is too empowering

Oh baby, can’t you see what you’ll be missing

Bridge:

I’ve never smiled so much for so long

I know my heart will long to be with you

I’ll always compare them to you

Even though you were never mine

I don’t know why I put up with this

My heart’s breaking

I know that you’re lying to yourself

Chorus 2:

I never want to be without you

You’re the one that I adore

My heart wont settle till you know what I’m feeling

But you wont open up that door

And let me in to show you what you could be with

Chorus:

I’ve never met a love quite like yours

Your honesty never fails to please me

Your smile makes me yearn to be yours

But your fear is too empowering

Oh baby, can’t you see what you’ll be missing

But it’s too late to see what you are missing


Now when it comes to life (and I guess love) some may call me a dreamer and think that stuff like this only comes true in dreams, but they couldn't be more wrong!! If it weren't for your dreams and ideas and thoughts, you wouldn't even think about the many different possibilities. If you want those dreams to come true you need to be stubborn and persistent and make them come true!! For example... Invisible Children, a non profit organization trying to end child slavery in Uganda. First, 3 young men dreamt about the idea 7 years later Obama signed a bill to help!! (which btw I was a part of... I went to DC and lobbied for the bill haha) Anyways Dreaming about ending child slavery wasn't just a dream to these guys and the people who helped, it was a real possibility. All you need is to have the courage to pursue it!!! That sounds familiar huh?? This might be why:

“All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" -Walt Disney

Here's another fitting quote: "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about getting out there and dancing in the rain." -Anonymous

So if you ever find yourself really wanting a dream of yours to come true, don't ever hesitate to make them happen. Just realize that it's possible, be confident, and even when you're not confident just think about your passion for that dream and don't give up. Go out there, proudly dance and sing in the rain (rain/storm aka the things that might make it seem impossible for this dream to come true; for example: lack of money or the distance or the government, etc it can be anything that could block you from reaching your goal)... Don't just go out in the storm to sing and dance though; jump in the puddles, have fun, and let yourself get soaked in the idea and the real possibility of it coming true. That's how I live my life everyday. That's why I don't give up easily on something I truly want or believe in. I just wish more people believed in this mindset.

I hope my ramblings helped some of you if you happen to have any doubts about goals and dreams. I don't think anyone actually reads my blogs, but hey I always feel better expressing my thoughts and hopefully the many experiences I have had will help others be brave enough to pursue their dreams??

Lastly, don't just wish upon a star, get in a rocket ship and tell the star yourself! =P

&

-RJ

Song: When You Wish Upon A Star - Pinnochio

Comments